Principles of Vastu Shastra

Only 10% of your energy resources actually come from the food you consume. The remaining 90% of your energy needs are found in the Air you breath, the Water you drink, the Light you absorb, the Earth you live on, and the Universe you inhabit.

These are the five elements necessary to improve your energy, health and quality of life.

It is believed that out of the nine planets, our planet has life because of the presence of the five Elements.

Everything that exists in the universe, including our bodies, is made of five elements. These five elements are:


  • Earth (geomagnetic energy)
  • Water (gravitational energy)
  • Fire (solar energy)
  • Air (wind energy)
  • Space (cosmic radiation)

These forces have a powerful influence on us, as well as the environment. Vastu is the science of arranging our man-made environments so that we are in alignment with these forces of nature. If we are not aligned with solar and geomagnetic forces we may experience illness, misfortune and struggle. It is as if we are attempting to swim against the current of a river.

The East is the source of solar, ultra-violet rays, and the North is the source of magnetic energy. We benefit by keeping our environment open to these life supporting energies. The harmful infrared rays, which come from the South, and the destructive gamma rays, coming from the West, cause disruption within the environment and our bodies. Using the principles of Vaastu, we protect ourselves from these rays.

Each of these elements is associated with a particular direction: water in the North East, fire in the South East, earth in the South West, air in the North West and space in the Center. By balancing these elements in their proper proportions, we will gain the benefits of health, happiness and prosperity.

The five elements Out of the nine planets, our planet has life because of the presence of these five elements. The world comprises of five basic elements, also known as the Panchbhootas. They are Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Space. Earth and Water have limited and localized availability for the human habitat and growth.

Vastu comprises of five natural elements; Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Space. Each of the elements corresponds to a natural force that affects our lives. Our ascendants were great scientists and they understood the effects of the natural forces on the lives of human being. They are:


  • Earth: Magnetic field of the earth
  • Water: Gravitational attraction of the earth
  • Fire: Solar radiation
  • Air: Wind Energy
  • Space: Cosmic radiation

The effect of the Vaastu is permanent, because the Earth has been revolving round the Sun, in geo-stationary orbit for over 400 crore years creating the magnetic effect caused by the radiation.